The SALS Professional Development Seminar is presented by the Forum of Secretaries South Africa. This seminar is an interactive learning and sharing of best practices within the Legislative sector under the theme "Building a capable and strong Legislative Sector that realizes open, transformative, responsive and an accountable system of governance".
The Objectives of the South African Legislative Sector (SALS) Development Seminar is objective is:
- To develop and enhance the capacity of managers and staff in the legislative sector in order to fulfill their duties and responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner;
- To create a platform for the sharing and exchanging of ideas and experiences on legislative practices, procedures, and processes;
- To foster the sharing of professional experiences and the discussion of subjects of common interest as well as consultation and collaboration among managers and staff in the country and continent;
- To develop minimum norms and standards applicable within the sector, and provide technical, strategic, and operational support on matters relating to the legislative sector;
- To provide strategic leadership and guidance, and contribute to a broader dissemination of knowledge about the legislative practices and procedure in South Africa; and
- To promote capable, results driven, and outcome orientated leadership to bring about excellence, integrity, and professionalism.
Issued by the NCPL Communications Unit